Trainee Estimator- Construction/ Civil Engineering
Fantastic opportunity for a graduate or someone with a few years experience in the field of Estimating and Construction
Our client is an independent surfacing and civil engineering contractor that provides nationwide coverage for some of the leading blue chip companies, including Tesco, Asda, McArthur Glen, BT to name but a few, from our network of regional offices.
Our clients rely upon our specialist knowledge and flexible approach to support and deliver their project objectives. We have established long term partnerships that is based on trust and understanding.
Our business is continually growing and as a result of this growth we have a further opening for a Trainee Estimator.
We are looking for someone that maybe a graduate and has a few years of Estimator experience within the surfacing or construction/civils background.
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry
- Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement. SMM7 and CESMM3
- Driving licence
- Good IT skills - particularly Word and Excel Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a close knit management team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously - both short and long term.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision Good negotiator
- Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position.
- Enterprising and Commercial Approach
- A Planned Approach
- Taking Responsibility Customer Focus Building and Maintaining Relationships Person Specification
- The ideal candidate will have a positive can do attitude, with the ability to drive and motivate your team.
- This is an exciting time and opportunity to join the company, in return for the right candidate we offer a competitive salary and annual holiday package, pension as well as travel and accommodation.