Scientist In-Use Studies
- Smokers switching to NGPs have the potential to reduce the risk for an individual and the population as a whole.
- The in-use studies team in BAT in involved in understanding how the NGP is perceived and how users interact with the NGP. BAT's population studies program is designed to assess and measure consumers’ attitudes and beliefs about our NGPs.
- It is important that consumers understand that NGPs have been developed for adult smokers with no intention to quit smoking.
- They are not designed for non-smokers or stop current smokers from quitting.
- The NGPs need to be acceptable for smokers to switch in sufficient numbers, for it to have positive impact on population Harm.
- However, they should not act as gateway by attracting new non-smokers.
- In this regard, it is important to address the effect of introducing NGPs on tobacco use-behaviour by conducting questionnaire based surveys among smokers and non-smokers, determining the comprehension of product messaging associated with NGPs, measuring consumers’ intention to use and risk perception of using these NGPs and understand the long-term effect of NGP use post product launch.
- This opening provides an exciting opportunity for an appropriately qualified scientist to design and conduct risk perception and use-behaviour studies.
- It will also involve working with multi-disciplinary team to develop a framework for post market surveillance.
- Development of a framework for post market surveillance for BAT NGPs and initiate data collection
- Supporting the design and conduct a risk perception and use-behaviour studies for ‘glo’ and Raptor
- Building relationships with internal and external research groups and / or universities to undertake research on BAT’s behalf
- Using appropriate psychological methodologies to develop understanding around smoking behaviours
- Ensuring that the projects are managed according to Prince 2 methodology and GCP where clinical studies are required
- Degree in Science/Marketing/Behavioural Psychology
- Experience in conducting market surveys, post market surveillance and use-behaviour research.
- Excellent Communication, project management and leadership skills
- Previous experience in GCP environment preferred
- in setting up and conducting market surveys from start to finish (Desirable)
- in collecting data for post market surveillance of consumer product (Desirable)
- in reporting and drafting manuscripts for publication (Desirable)