Full Stack Developer
- Successful candidates will be guided by an experienced programmer but will also encounter the deep end when things are busy!
- We are developing all our products with React front-ends backed by REST-ful APIs built with Laravel. Our application development is done in a version-controlled environment with Git, with source code and issues management with GitHub. Candidates will get to learn a lot about collaborating in a programming environment, using version control systems (Git), cloud deployment strategies and developing and contributing to open-source software.
- This role has many routes to take in the future, including software development, mobile application development, web/data services, etc. We encourage students to take time to work on passion projects in-house – we are looking for a student who will keep us appraised of new advancements and new technologies and continually develop themselves in all relevant areas of software engineering on frameworks used by the team.
- We promise that the successful candidate will thoroughly enjoy the role, be challenged by the work, and will gain an enormous amount of experience from a wide range of projects, varying from simple to semi-complex applications, and exciting web-based applications.
- An interest in Node.js, React, Flow and other emerging technologies is a bonus.
- MySQL database development
- HTML/CSS/SASS/css-in-js (e.g. css-modules/styled-components)
- Knowledge of Terminal, git version control and basic server management
- A good programmer can quickly learn and adopt new skills, languages and frameworks.
- Candidates who demonstrate personal/previous projects or commercial experience are likely to stand out, however we are looking for the best programmer to fill this role so some personal demonstration is mandatory.
- This is primarily a programming role, students must demonstrate a passion for online web application development and enthusiasm for learning and adopting emerging technologies.