Engineer I - Innovations Development Centre
To direct and deliver technical projects involving the development of new or improvement in existing Technologies & Processes. To provide engineering and manufacturing support to project managers to meet specific and identified needs for One R&D Innovations and Product Development requirements.
- To offer engineering solutions for new novel concepts where existing technologies require further development
- Approach to task is by selection of appropriate means learned from knowledge and experience and thorough understanding of principles and concepts.
- Ability to address new problems from 1st principles.
- Implementing the principles of ‘Best Practice’ and ensuring Technical teams are adhering to defined processes.
- To design, operate and commission where necessary, manufacturing equipment as required to produce samples to meet project requirements.
- To identify and resolve manufacturing issues with machinery and materials to ensure project critical dates are achieved.
- To carry out planned maintenance of equipment and machinery for safe operation. To record details of maintenance, sample production and trials in accordance with Technical Excellence.
- Development work supported by objective evidence and validation.
- Interpretation of data submitted for Management/ Technical Review
- Planning – medium-long term workload.
- Understands, promotes and applies their responsibilities under the EH&S policy.
- Budget – Inform forecast and adhere to financial process and controls.
- Application of formal project management.
- Provision of appropriate supervision & coaching to support others.
- Initiator or key representative in interactions with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Initiator or key representative in interactions with external stakeholders.
- Write technical reports, publications and presentations for external forums.
- Author and deliver Technical / Project reports and presentations
- Participation in industry forums & working groups
- Coach / train in Senior Technician / Senior Technologist activities.
- Identifies opportunities to apply new materials, processes to create an innovative solution
- Identifies and develops relationships with external stakeholders to create partnerships for innovations
- Education to BTEC or equivalent in engineering discipline
- Experience of working in a manufacturing industry (preferably cigarette / filter manufacturing).
- Relevant technical experience resulting in a thorough knowledge of concepts, principles, methods, processes or techniques.
- We would expect someone who has been in the relevant industry
- Good awareness of technical developments in related field.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Workshop capability
- Basic IT literacy (Desirable)
- Ability to work in Team environment (Desirable)
- Good Communication / leadership skills (Desirable)
- Good problem solving skills (Desirable)