Embedded Software Engineer
This leading environmental and safety technology group which designs and manufactures specialist Control equipment are seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer / Firmware Engineer with solid skills and experience in low level ANSI C, Embedded C for Real-Time Embedded Programming, C/C++.
- Design and development of embedded software including safety critical real-time control systems
- Development of new products and support for existing products.
- Some projects will focus on adding features to existing hardware/ software platforms, software must be formed with future expansion / maintenance in mind
- System wide architectural design.
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or similar
- Proven capabilities in the development of embedded systems with involvement throughout the design process from specification to the realisation of saleable products
- Experience of complex embedded software design in real-time environments
- Product integrity is fundamental within this industry and the candidate must consistently demonstrate best practice design & development techniques and processes
- A creative approach to problem solving combined with an understanding of the constraints and needs of the business
- A self-starter able to work independently, as part of a team and able to take responsibility
- A methodical approach to tasks, with strong analytical skills and an eye for detail and precision
- The ability to thrive under pressure
- Experience of writing embedded software in the context of interacting with external electronics / real world.
- Knowledge of life safety critical or industrial products (Desirable)
- Implementation knowledge of modern communication methods for data transfer (Desirable)
- Experience of writing embedded software utilising a Real Time Operating System, RTOS (Desirable)
- PC programming and embedded hardware design skills. (Desirable)