Most people know someone who’s had mental health problems.
But not everyone knows someone who can make a difference.
At Think Ahead we’re searching for 80 - 100 exceptional graduates and career-changers to become mental health social workers.
Understanding and supporting adults with mental illness is as rewarding as it is challenging. It takes individuals with a rare blend of resilience,empathy, and intelligence to create a positive impact.
- At Think Ahead we’re searching for exceptional graduates and career-changers to become mental health social workers. On our two-year programme you’ll be paid to work in an expert team alongside clinical professionals, study for a master’s degree in social work, and develop your leadership skills.
- You will finish the programme with advanced social work qualifications, deep knowledge of mental health, and unique experience gained in a varied and challenging role. After Think Ahead, you can become a leading frontline practitioner, move into service leadership, or use your leadership experience in an alternative career.
- Think Ahead is an intensive programme with strictly limited places, and the selection process is very rigorous.
- You don’t need any prior experience of social work, but you will need to demonstrate that you have the seven attributes necessary to excel on the Think Ahead programme and beyond: leadership, motivation, adaptability, relationship-building, communication, problem-solving, and self-awareness.
- You must hold (or be on course to achieve) a 2:1 undergraduate degree (in any subject except social work) and grade C GCSEs (or equivalent) in both English and maths.