Design Engineer/Project Manager
We specialise in the design and manufacture of industrial cleaning equipment for a global customer base. We have built a solid and dependable reputation based on credibility and customer service and are steadily increasing our product portfolio. We are a small but growing company and work well as a team at all levels. Our team take a pride in what we do and see working as more than just a job.
Due to continued success, we are now looking to recruit a Graduate Design Engineer or Graduate Project Manager. We require a highly motivated individual, a recent graduate, to head up the project management of our order book and to be capable of taking full ownership of projects from concept design through purchasing, manufacture, factory acceptance testing and delivery.
This is an immense opportunity and as such you will be fast on the uptake and prepared to take responsibility from day one. Reporting directly to the MD, you would be directly responsible for interpreting the sales department specification, designing of equipment and systems, managing procurement, delegating as you feel necessary, planning the project build and liaising with the Workshop Manager.
- Liaison with Design, Sales, Workshop and offsite personnel
- Sole responsibility for project management function
- Full Project Life Cycle - Evaluation, Design, Analysis, Development and Delivery
- Project planning and scheduling
- Purchase scheduling
- Quality Control
- Reviewing of the current operations
- Financial analysis of the costs and benefits, budget production
- Stakeholder analysis and support personnel for the project
- Project charter including costs, tasks, deliverables and schedules
- The successful applicant will be degree qualified in engineering, and possibly with additional relevant qualifications in Prince II, Agile or equivalent as well as a practical working knowledge of Solid Works.
- You will be able to demonstrate some design engineering and project management experience.
- You will have been part of teams and you will have led teams either at university or as part of your work experience.
- You will be commercially aware with the ability to think laterally and get things done.
- Crucially, you will be a dynamic team player with a sense of humour.