Merchandising Assistant Placement
The Merchandising team play a key role in how we trade our product. As a team, we ensure that we have the right product, in the right place, at the right time. We work side by side with our Buying team, managing the departments product buys through the supply chain from Supplier, through the distribution network and into our stores for our customers. Helping to trade the department is the exciting part of the role, we monitor the market and sales trends, we analyse sales performance and stock levels whilst always making sure that our product critical path remains on track.
Our team are based at our Store Support Centre in Leicester, a fantastic modern building and a great working environment. Much of your learning will be done through experience where you will work with our expert Merchandising team who will oversee your personal development to help get the best out of the skills you have learnt through your academic career so far.
- Raise and maintain product orders on SAP and keep all related trackers and paperwork up to date.
- Ensure product allocations are prepared and uploaded accurately into SAP within the required timeframe.
- Compile campaign data for the Merchandise team.
- Working as part of the team to maintain stock levels in line with targets whilst protecting our best volume product to ensure great customer experience and availability.
- Complete weekly merchandising reports in a thorough and timely manner.
- Identify and understand issues relating to old stock and agree an action plan with the Merchandiser to reduce stock levels.
- Critical path maintenance - Updates completed weekly, ensuring issues are identified and raised to the Merchandiser.
- The team’s first point of contact for our store colleagues – dealing with all relevant queries quickly and effectively.
- New store openings - ensure the department trackers are kept up to date and all offer information is uploaded on time and accurately.
- Strong numerical, analytical and planning skills
- Excellent organisation and administration skills combined with the ability and inquisitive mind to problem solve
- A commercial eye for retail and product
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong PC skills including excellent spreadsheet skills
- Ability to work at pace
- Thrive working as part of a team
- Discount in all our stores
- Competitive salary
- Great holiday allowance
Our business placement programme is specifically for undergraduates, for a period of 12 months which starts in June/July 2018