Graduate Trainee Surveyor
With supervision contribute to the delivery of a variety of complex tasks related to the Project Surveyors of marine and interior outfitting projects. Working on projects from initial enquiry, onsite survey, quotation development, review process, through to the project handover procedure. Collaborate across different functions in a matrix organisation to ensure allocated tasks contribute to the overall project delivery requirements.
- With supervision write basic project specifications including identifying cost engineering options and providing basic descriptions of construction methods.
- To develop an understanding of marine interior construction methods and become confident in assessing labour requirements for specific tasks.
- To attend quotation start-up meetings, bid reviews and project handovers.
- Contribute as appropriate.
- Developing the ability to communicate confidently and clearly to a group will be required.
- Working collaboratively with the project execution team the commercial department provide support functions both in the preparation and onsite during live projects.
- To undertake detailed surveys on-board vessels globally.
- To learn how to make survey notes and take measurements.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical.
- Contribute to the planning processes for projects and learn to access the necessary lead times relating to a given project and its refit location.
- With guidance contribute to the creation of quotations and the associate internal processes.
- Support the Project Surveyors during all tasks associated with the initial enquiry, onsite survey, quotation development, review process, through to the project handover procedure.
- Contacting suppliers and negotiating prices for materials will be a skill you are required to develop.
- Complete any other ad-hoc tasks as directed by your line manager or designee.
- Good planning, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Effective communication skills and an ability to influence others in a variety of situations.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Results and detail-orientated approach to work delivery and output.
- Demonstrable experience in using IT systems including Microsoft Excel
- GCSE’s A – C in English, Mathematics and Science A Levels
- Degree Or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.