- We’re looking for volunteers to help out with all sorts of activities at Southampton Mencap
- Helping out at our evening clubs, day services or holiday activities for children, young people and adults with a learning disability
- Being a Home Visitor to people living away from home who have no contact with family members, friends or visiting carers and can’t easily get out and about
- Serving refreshments at our monthly Carers Lunches
- Helping out in the office with admin and office duties
- Showcasing talents at our weekly Café Down The Lane. For example, we look for musicians and singers!
- When will you start? You decide! Start dates are as and when you are available. You can volunteer Mondays-Saturdays, 9:30am-4:30pm. We run different clubs and day services each day - you can volunteer at any of them! Hours are negotiable.
- We take on volunteers from all different backgrounds, but we’d be particularly interested if you have experience working with children, young adults or vulnerable people.
- We’re looking for people with enthusiasm, commitment and a positive attitude, so don’t worry if you don’t think you have prior relevant experience.
- Training and support will be provided by other staff members at the centre.
- You will gain an insight into the lives of people with learning disabilities and their carers. As a result, you will learn to understand their talents, limitations and the challenges they may face
- Our volunteers enjoy being part of an inclusive and friendly group
- Volunteering is a great way to gain new work experience and boost your CV. Volunteers can gain transferable employability skills, like leadership and communication skills
- Volunteering enables you to give back to your community and make new friends