Graduate Management Programme
At Harbour Hotels we are seeking the next generation of industry leaders, to take our business to the next level.
- Throughout our 18 month graduate management programme you will experience all of the operating aspects of our organisation through extensive cross training. In your first 12 months at a Harbour Hotel, you will rotate through all departments, including Food & Beverage, Front Office, Housekeeping, Conferences and Events, Spa Reception, Central Reservations, Marketing and Accounts.
- Working in various departments will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the operation as a whole and will significantly highlight how each departmental component plays a vital part in the overall success of the organisation.
- After 12 months you will be provided with the opportunity to put your first year of learning into practise and take on more supervisory/ managerial roles and responsibilities.
- You will be required to carry out duty manager shifts during the latter part of your programme, whereby you will assume responsibility for the smooth running of the hotel particularly in the absence of senior management.
- Educated to degree level (preferably hospitality, leisure or tourism related).
- At least 1 years’ experience in hotel operations.
- Fluent in the English language.
- A sparkling personality and genuine passion for our industry.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’.
- Organised and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Monthly informal appraisals whereby you and your departmental manager can share feedback with one another in a relaxed setting over a cup of coffee.
- A complimentary three course meal and glass of wine to be enjoyed prior to employment within the restaurant department. This benefit is designed to act as a training tool whereby you are expected to analyse the standards of service and gain an insight into what is expected of you.
- Meals on duty.
- As an employee of our company you will be entitled to discounted accommodation rates throughout the Harbour Hotel Group and will also be eligible for discounts on food, drink and spa treatments.
- A monetary reward if you are personally recognised on Trip Advisor for exceptional customer service.
- You are entitled to 28 days paid holiday.
- You will be provided with stylish Harbour Hotel uniforms.
- A guaranteed position as an Assistant Head of Department on an excellent base salary will be offered to all graduates who successfully complete the programme.