Graduate Project Manager - Programme, Cost, Consultancy
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
We have a number of exciting opportunities across the UK & Ireland for graduates to work within our Project Management Teams. As a graduate project manager at AECOM, you have the opportunity to work on a number of exciting projects across a wide array of sectors. These include education, health care, sports facilities, residential and transport to name but a few, for both public and private sector clients.
The role of the Project Manager is dynamic and stimulating. As a graduate PM you will assist other members of the PM team to drive projects forward and ensure that our clients achieve the built assets that their business function requires. This involves working at all stages of the project from initial concept right through to construction and operation of the building. The PM is a key interface between the client, design team, consultants, contractors and other project stakeholders.
The PM helps to ensure actions are carried out by the appropriate parties at the right times to ensure deadlines are met and that value is added to the clients projects.
- To be effective in the role of a graduate PM you must have strong communication skills, be good at building relationships and rapport with the various parties involved in a project, be good at planning and managing your time, be highly motivated, and be committed to delivering excellent service to our clients.
- Regular liaison with all relevant parties,
- Liaising/Assisting Senior/Associate Project Managers
- Contact administration
- Data management,
- Coordinating the project team,
- Planning key tasks,
- Reporting on progress and cost,
- Site visits and meetings
- Bachelor’s degree (min 2:2 or equivalent) in Project Management, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering is essential.
- A Master’s degree in Project Management or Construction Management & relevant work experience would be an advantage.
- Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
- Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
- Ability to working in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
- Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
- Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well
- Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in.
- Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future.
- We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
- We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland.
- We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time.
- You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
- There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.