Graduate Consultant - Transportation, Strategic Consultancy
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Our UK based Strategic Consultancy team undertakes a wide range of technical management consultancy projects. Our client range is diverse and includes national and private asset owners and operators, infrastructure construction organisations and environmental agencies.
Recent projects include:
- Future Maintenance Requirements – supporting the development of the next generation of maintenance contracts (Highways England)
- Designing for Operational Maintenance – review of current delivery models and suitability for the strategic road network (Highways England)
- Stakeholder engagement and research to develop minimum site standards for non-off road capable HGVs to reduce the number of off road capable vehicles on London’s roads and improve safety for vulnerable road users (Transport for London)
- Development of a framework that provides a process for understanding and addressing the impacts of climate change on road networks, assets and operations (World Road Association)
- Development of a structured strategic approach to Climate Change Adaptation and a formal management procedure (Northern Gas Networks)
- Enabling the parallel calculation of whole life cost and whole life carbon parameters (Transport Scotland)
- Driving simulator trials of revised sign design for roadworks, and alternative traffic management for All Lane Running (Highways England)
- Off-road trial of bomb disposal robots for fighting vehicle fires, unmanned aircraft (drones) for monitoring incidents, and close following enforcement systems (Department of Transport)
- Our research is business focused, often with a strong commercial basis – we develop solutions fit for business.
- Our teams are multi-disciplinary and have expertise in science, engineering, sustainability, statistics and commercial focus. Consequently, we have the capability, expertise and mindset to develop solutions applicable to a wide range of problems.
- We are looking to strengthen our Strategic Consultancy team with graduates to fulfil the following responsibilities: Source, review, collate and report information from a variety of sources, Take ownership for project tasks with direction from the Project Manager, Develop novel bespoke solutions on a project-by-project basis
- BEng in Civil Engineering, or BA/BSc Geography 2:2 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil Engineering 2:2 (or equivalent), or MA/MSc Geography would be an advantage
- And/or MSc in Transport Planning
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel) and good report writing skills beneficial
- Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in.
- Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future.
- We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
- We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland.
- We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time.
- You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
- There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.