Graduate Mechanical/Electrical Engineer - Transportation, Rail
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
AECOM is an internationally recognised leader in Rail consultancy, giving our clients a range of services including planning, design, project management and asset support services. Our Rail division have a number of exciting opportunities now available for graduates to work within our Rail team across the UK and supporting operations in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Rail team deals with a range of different projects across the globe working with funding from national rail authorities and private organisations. Selected candidates will work on projects from initial concept through to construction and operation on a number of high profile projects with a variety of clients. Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international Railway projects.
- Selected candidates will be enrolled on our Graduate Development Programme and have the opportunity to develop their skills within a supporting environment which encourages challenge and collaborative behaviours.
- Candidates will use industry leading computer software and BIM modeling programs while working on a variety of different Rail specific expertise including: Electrification system studies and modelling, Substation design (replacement, enhancement or extension), ETE (3rd / 4th Rail), Ac/dc interface design, High Voltage feeders 11, 22, 33 and 66kV (replacement or diversion), High Voltage switchgear (11, 22, 33 and 66kV) modification, Signalling power schemes (replacement, enhancement, extension or diversion), Stray current mitigation, Substation earthing, EMC(Electromagnetic Compatibility)/EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) management, Points heating, Station and trackside building M & E services including lighting studies, Lightning protection
- Early work with us will typically be assisting in developing our designs through the different stages, attending meetings and workshops with other design professionals.
- As a graduate develops they are expected to take on more responsibility in managing our projects from inception through to completion.
- BEng in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering 2:2 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering 2:2 (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel)
- Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in.
- Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future.
- We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
- We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland.
- We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time.
- You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
- There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.