Graduate Civil Engineer - Transportation, Rail
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Railway engineering is one of the most important ways that AECOM delivers a better world – we work on huge, complex and challenging railway infrastructure projects that increase urban and inter-city mobility for millions of people. AECOM is a global innovator in high speed transportation. Recent projects include work on Elon Musk’s Hyperloop in the US, Crossrail, Borders Railway and we’re delivering key components of High Speed 2 in the UK. We are looking for graduates who are team players and open thinkers who want to contribute to some of the biggest challenges in transportation infrastructure.
- Integrating engineering designs from other complex railway skill areas such as signalling, electrification and permanent way
- Planning the phasing of construction and commissioning work to minimise disruption to passengers and the public
- Ensuring that designs maximise sustainability outcomes during construction and over whole life of assets
- Developing designs that are safe to build, operate and maintain, and that protect the safety of passengers and the public
- Producing concept and outline design proposals that solve client challenges in the maintenance, renewal and enhancement of railways
- Working on structural inspection, assessment and design of bridges and other railway structures
- Analysis and calculation for new civil and structural components
- Design of railway stations and working on projects that improve or create new urban realm, station buildings, platforms, footbridges and concourses.
- BEng in Civil Engineering 2:2 (or equivalent) 2
- MEng in Civil Engineering 2:2 (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- Modules in Rail would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel)
- Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in.
- Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future.
- We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
- We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland.
- We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time.
- You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
- There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.