Graduate Civil Engineer - Ports and Marine
- Full Time
- Overtopping assessments using the Eurotop manual
- Benefit/cost analysis in accordance with current best practice guidance
- UK coastal management policies, current Defra and EA FCERM guidance.
- Inspection, feasibility studies and detailed design relating to coast protection and sea defence structures e.g. revetments, rock armour, breakwaters, and embankments.
- Design of maritime structures e.g. quay walls, jetties, pontoons, mooring dolphins, piers, berthing structures, steel sheet piling, lock and dock gates.
- Economic assessment in a coastal management scenario
- Undertaking coastal management studies, including SMP's, strategies, and StAR/PARs
- Coastal hydrodynamic modelling using the MIKE software suite
- Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in.
- Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future.
- We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
- We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland.
- We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time.
- You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
- There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel)
- Preferably familiarity with the coast protection manual.
- Preferably appreciation of ship simulation, port planning
- Preferably an understanding of the technical aspects of coastal process behaviour
- BEng in Civil, Structural, Maritime, Coastal Engineering or Naval Architecture/Ocean Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil, Structural, Maritime, Coastal Engineering or Naval Architecture/Ocean Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent ) would be an advantage
- Preferably a finally year project related to Port, Marine or Coastal Engineering